Fellow competitors are gonna hate me, because I’m just gonna ramble about all the awesome things I plan on stuffing my face hole with post comp, and a few exciting plans I have afterwards as well 🙂
I finally feel like I have found a rhythm in my current training plan. I’ve got my workouts down to the ‘T’; enough weightlifting, cardio, HIIT, and plyometrics, my macros precisely planned out; consuming enough calories to stay energized throughout the long days and tough workouts, having my meals spread evenly throughout the day, and working on poses that work for my short frame and muscle build. I feel like I can comfortably indulge in post comp daydreaming 🙂
I guess I’ll start with the fun stuff, like all the delicious treats that are gonna make me look pregnant!
- Girl Scout Cookies – I was smart and pre-ordered them from a co-worker 🙂 Her daughter is a Girl Scout! I will be receiving 4 boxes of Samoas, 3 boxes of Savannah Smiles, 2 boxes of Tag-a-longs, and 2 boxes of Thin Mints…. 11 boxes total! I should be getting them in 2 weeks….. O, the temptation, but I will be well prepared post comp…..
- Pasta – Surprisingly, I don’t miss it as much as I thought I would. Derek and I would eat pasta at least once a week for dinner, it was definitely a staple in our diet, especially during marathon training.
- CHEESE! – O my god…. can’t wait to have a burrito with copious amounts of cheese! Realizing that most of my burrito was cheese anyhow…
- Chips and Salsa – A weekend favorite….. o yeah, and the splurge of Tostitos Queso, don’t forget that gelatinous processed cheese goop.
- Candy – If I wanted candy, I would never deny myself it. I would also make sure to buy the largest bag or bar and NOT share like you’re supposed to. Every time we went grocery shopping I would pick up candy. To be honest, I’m sure sugar has made the biggest difference on my body. I miss the Lindt White Chocolate truffles…. mmmmm. Gummy bears….
- Coconut Cream Pie – So random. I never have this, but I had it a few weeks ago for my cheat meal and it was sumptuous! I would totally kill one to myself!
- Costco Muffins! – I just got a Costco card a month ago and I can’t even indulge in their yummy jumbo sized Apple Streusel, Choco-Choco Chunk, or Poppy Seed muffins… this is madness! Can’t freakin’ WAIT!
- Bagels and Cream Cheese – I miss marathon training solely for this reason…. bagels and cream cheese. When you’re training for a marathon you NEED all the carbs and salt you can think of! Endurance sports are where it’s at if you’re a foodie 🙂 “I just ran 13.1 miles…. why yes, don’t mind if I DO have a bagel… or two, and a muffin, hehe.”
- Heavy Whipping Cream in my coffee – I have grown to enjoy my coffee black, but there’s something absolutely comforting about having heavy whipping cream in your drip coffee…. *le siiiiiiiigh*, miss it.
Enough of food! I’m making myself hungry!
As for my post comp plans….. hmmmmmm:
- Train for a Half Marathon – Derek mentioned that I was probably the happiest I have ever been training for Oktoberfest Half Marathon last year. I don’t think I’ve been an absolute piss off during Bikini Prep, but I definitely miss waking up knowing my workout is gonna be a looooong run, I can really meditate and clear my thoughts on a beautiful summer morning, and know that when I get home I can eat whatever I want and that carbs are highly recommended. I also want to stay really lean during the ‘off season’ if I decide I want to compete in Iron Man in October.
- Go Camping! – Last year Derek and I found a really gorgeous camp spot at Otter and Big Creek in Northbend by Taylor River. We went there for an amazing day hike and plan on going back for camping, more hiking, and s’mores of course! Maybe even bring a tube and go tubing on the river.
- Having BBQ’s! – HELL YEAH! My work shift is changing to 6:00am to 2:30pm so I’m gonna be soaking up the sun rays this summer, eating hella hot dogs, Lay’s Ruffles with the sour cream and onion dip, delectable medium rare sizzling steak, and margaritassss on the beach!
- Spend time with friends – *Le siiiiiiiiigh* I feel like the ultimate loser on this one. I haven’t spent quality time with friends in a long, long, looooong time. Partially my fault, I KNOW I could be putting forth more effort. Between an inconvenient work shift of 11:00am to 7:30pm or later, training for my competition, dedicating weekends to meal prep, and not having a car…. it can be tough. I’m definitely take the time to kick it with the homies.
- Going to school – It’s actually my goal to get this one started WHILE prepping for my competition. Spring Quarter begins at the beginning of April and my competition isn’t until the end of April. My goal is to take my placement test and clean up my basic Math and English skills before beginning a 3 course schedule in the Fall. I’m ready for the next step baby!
- Getting Sponsored – If I end up really enjoying this sport and perform well, I would love to pursue modeling opportunities and become sponsored to support my hobby. I’m obsessed with Quest, Optimum Nutrition, PB2 and would love to represent their products!
I have so many more goals, ambitions, and plans! I know that this year is gonna be jam packed with awesome opportunities, I can feel it. I can’t wait to step on stage knowing that I did my best, trained extremely hard, had the will power to keep going, and earned every Girl Scout cookie I will devour!
Here’s to an insane year!