Wow, I feel like I’ve been M.I.A! I’m used to being so on top of it and writing a blog entry per day!
If you’ve been following my posts for a while now, you know I’ve been going through some major changes. One of the biggest changes recently has been my job. This week marked the beginning of my Opening Shift career at the EBC! Sounds silly. No promotion, no raise, just a shift change. This is extremely MONUMENTAL for me though. I have suffered over a year of Closing Shift. Okay, okay, I make it sound terrible, but there are so many positive uplifting factors to being on the Opening Shift:
1) The Opening Shift is 6:00am to 2:30pm….. BAM! I went to work today? But I’m done with my day before kids are outta school…. AND I don’t have homework, SWEET!
2) If money is an issue, I have time for a second job.
3) If I should choose to enroll in school, my new shift allows more freedom with choosing class times.
4) I have the opportunity to really focus on my passion: fitness.
6) It’s almost like I’m a stay-at-home-wife…. *psh* almost. I can make dinner, every single night! Why am I excited about this? I don’t know. O yeah, cause I can experiment with the crock pot and all the recipes I would pin on my Pinterest when I was working the Closing Shift.
7) I can enjoy my summer, enjoy the daylight, and maybe even get a tan that isn’t from a tanning bed.
8) I can run outside, IN THE SUN! Night time runs were nice, but summer is coming up and I’m itching to hit the pavement.
9) Overall, there’s just a lot of B.S I don’t have to put up with anymore that I had been putting up with for over a year.
10) I’m happy. I’m finally happy and even though it’s only been week #1, my quality of life has improved immensely.
Yep. I’m pretty freakin’ stoked about my current situation. I’d also like to mention that my new training plan and diet plan is amazing, I’m seeing great results with the added cardio and cutting out more fat and carbs and just eating smarter in general. I think I got this shit down to the ‘T’. My abs are beginning to hang around ALL day. My obliques are stickin’ around, and I have abs on my ribs?! Whaaaaa?! I’ll take it! My pants are literally HANGING off of me. My old work pants no longer hug my waist and feel tight right after they come out of the dryer. They hang off my hips and feel like sweat pants, they are even longer! My other pair of black ‘jeggings’ fit extremely loose as well, even my underwear are too big! I received a compliment at the gym today from a trainer, they said I had great squat form, which was VERY reassuring because I never know if I’m doing it right. No spotter for me sadly 😦 I think I have a chance at First Call Outs…. feeling hopeful!
I should be receiving my first package from my new sponsor ‘Femme’ this week! Really excited to try out their new products! Skin firming creams, protein shakers, and supplements YES PLEASE! OOoooo! By the way! I have a new project that I’m gonna be working on this weekend 🙂 The idea was inspired by a fellow seasoned Bikini Competitor that I follow on Facebook. The project is a ‘Reward Box’ for post competition! The idea is to fill the box up with all the goodies that you are deprived from during your prep to bring with you to your show. Post show you enjoy your goodies and share with fellow competitors, mingle, make friends, and get carb/sugar loaded! Super pumped! My box isn’t as big right now 😦 I have a small one I’m going to decorate, I’m gonna start filling it this weekend when we go on our Bi Monthly Costco escapade. Shopping at Costco has been SOOOO hard for the past few months. I have to buy the same damn things over and over: chicken, turkey, eggs, veggies, plain fat free yogurt etc. while passing the delicious Limoncello Almonds, Coconut, Chocolate Macadamias, and so many other delicious goodies! Now I have the satisfaction of purchasing things, KNOWING that the second I step off stage after Finals, I can eat to my hearts content and don’t have to wait till we get to the restaurant to order nachos (knowing it’s gonna be PACKED)!
Sooooo excited! I’m gonna start that NOW!
Goodnight everybody! Once again, I’m sorry for my recent disappearance, but I shall return once I’m settled into my new schedule 🙂 Stay tuned! Have a great week 🙂