It’s Sunday! Last day to relax and prepare for the crazy week ahead. Putting off my workout…. snuggling with my cutie 🙂 My stomach doesn’t feel so great, too much coffee and not enough food perhaps. Ughhhh, feeling ill. So naturally I’m posted on the couch surfing the net, reading inspiring blogs by fellow competitors, and attempting to write my own. I figured I might as well write about the topic that has been on my mind for the past few weeks: post competition goals.
It’s no lie that a lot of priorities that were once front and foremost in my life have fallen to the wayside since training for this competition. My every day has been consumed with training, writing my workouts, prepping my food, calculating my macros into myfitnesspal, loads upon loads of laundry, tanning, posing, researching, buying extensive amounts of shit like my suit, heels, protein powder, supplements, NPC card, registration, tanning, accessories, etc. I’m excited to just BE and enjoy myself, my friends, family, and time.
Here is a condensed list of all my post competition goals:
1) Spend more time with my family – This is obviously numero uno. Countless weekends I have had to decline invitations and had to skip out on spending time with family so I could fit that workout in, burn those extra calories, or meet up with someone for posing practice. This competition has definitely consumed my waking thoughts and every ounce of energy and time that I have. Although my dedication can be viewed as admirable, I view it as an obsession at this point, one that is making me tired. I have learned a lot through this process, including how I should rearrange my priorities.
2) Spend more time with friends – This definitely falls under number one. Same idea. I have put them on the back burner, and it’s really not cool. In fact, some days I feel like I have no friends, people have invited me to go out numerous occasions and I have denied every opportunity, now people don’t even extend the invitation. I might even need to find new friends, it’s been so long since I’ve just ‘hung out’ with someone. I can’t wait to do this again! Go out dancing, see the movies, plan a girls night, happy hour, cooking FOOD, EATING FOOD!
3) Working out how I want to work out – Every workout I plan now has a specific goal. Make that larger, make this smaller, trim that in, shave that down, blah blah blah. I want to workout just to have fun, feel good, and try something new and exciting! Some of my goals include:
-Getting my ass back, possibly making it larger and higher. It kind of deflated through this process, I’m super bummed about it 😦
-Pick up swimming. I feel freakin fantastic when I get out of the pool! I love it! I hate getting IN the pool, but I know I’m gonna feel super
awesome later. I wouldn’t mind working on technique and speed, possibly mastering a flip turn (?)
-Lift some SERIOUS weight. I like lifting, I like feeling and BEING strong. I feel like such a pussy trying to squat in the squat rack on minimal
calories, I feel weak.
-IIFYM! Hell yeah, the perfect way to diet and properly fuel your body for intense activity while remaining shredded! Bring it on!
-Do another half marathon. I felt amazing last year training for my half marathon. I had so much fun running, felt energized, loved the mental
and physical benefits, and I could eat whatever I wanted! In fact, it was encouraged to carb load! I was eating bagels and muffins when I would
normally NEVER eat those prior to marathon training!
-I want a workout buddy. I have ALWAYS wanted a workout buddy, but I haven’t been able to have during training because a) No one wants to
workout for whatever reason b) Even if someone did wanna workout with me, the honest truth is: they would slow me down.
4) Spend more time with my dog – I don’t walk her nearly as often as I would like to, and I would love to take her to the dog park more often, especially with the sun coming out! Look at her, she’s so darn cute! I love my lil’ shiba and she deserves more quality time with her mama.
5) Enjoy my summer! – I FINALLY have my dream schedule at work: 6:00am to 2:30pm. Some people claim that’s too early, but I’m a morning person so it works PERFECT for me! I’ll be off at 2:30pm when the sun is blazin’, I’ll be working on my tan by the pool…. THAT’S RIGHT! The pool will be open and I’m right across the street from it! Too perfect, SO STOKED!
6) Become certified, teach TRX classes – Derek’s partner extended the offer of paying for my certification so I can begin teaching TRX classes at their fitness studio. We begin after my competition! They are hoping to bring in the female demographic and I am more than willing to gain experience and help out. The studio is a 10 minute walk from my work too!
7) GET A NEW GYM DAMN IT! – This needs to happen. I am SO over L.A Fitness! I’ve been saying it since I started this blog. I want to become a member of Iron Works right up the road from my house. Endless plyo equipment, countless TRX straps, so much space, so many possibilities! They also have tanning, so I would be able to cancel my Seattle Sun Tan and kill two birds with one stone.
8) Create a recipe ebook – I have developed a new liking for cooking and baking during this competition prep. I have created some pretty delicious food that is prep approved, and have a zillion ideas for healthy food that is unfortunately NOT prep approved. I want to create an ebook with all my recipes, take pictures, and provide nutritional information. I’m so excited to start using variety in my cooking, put my crockpot to good use, and feed my husband!
I’m sure there are plenty more I have forgotten to mention, but these are the main ones that keep playing on repeat in my head. I’m super pumped for this competition, I’m excited to get up on that stage, show off my hard work, meet people who share my passion, meet people I have been speaking with via social media, hopefully place well, and enjoy a hard earned meal. I have learned so much in 3 1/2 months, but I deserve the time off to relax and reflect. It’s been a looooong journey, and I’m finally in the ‘teen’ days! This is it! It’s almost over! Time to show them what I got 🙂 Huge thanks to my followers and the people who have supported me the whole way through ❤