Cost: $10 monthly
1. Sacred Tiare Styling Cream by Carols Daughter – This product is meant for dry, frizzy, out of control hair. It’s meant to tame the frizz and moisturize your hair. I recently cut my hair so I won’t be able to try this. I have very fine hair anyways, so I don’t think this product would be a great product for me. I did a lil’ research on their line though and a 3oz bottle of this is pretty affordable $12 on average.
2. Butter Gloss by NYX Eclair Shade – I recently wrote review about the NYX Butter Gloss and I LOVE it! The Eclair shade IPSY sent me is pretty light on me. I really like their Tiramisu shade. I would definitely recommend their glosses, only $5.99 at your local drugstore.
3. Black Kohl Eyeliner Pencil by Starlooks – I’m really excited to have mostly full size items in my IPSY bag! I’m usually a huge fan of liquid eyeliner, but I’ve heard great things about Starlooks and I’m excited to try this. It glides really nicely, with eyelid primer it should last all day. This product retails for $12. Starlooks also has their own subscription box too, check it out!
4. Eye Brow Pencil by Ofra – I’m usually a huge fan of powders, and that’s honestly because it’s a lot easier to fix powder mistakes with a Q tip than it is to fix eye brow pencil mistakes! I tried this on, and I’m sure with practice I’ll get better, but I actually really like it! Definitely gives a bolder look, I’m usually very modest when it comes to my eyebrows. This pencil retails at $13.
5. Fragrance by Realtree – This is the fragrance description off the website: “Realtree for Her opens up with the sweet taste of pomegranate, a hint of persimmon and an exotic scent of orchids. It blends with lotus blossom and champaca flower and it’s followed by the rich scent of amber, the transient scent of violets and the depth of mahogany wood.” I was really excited for this fragrance! This was probably the item I was the most excited about and I’m a little disappointed in the scent, size, and how the tube squirts. The tube wouldn’t squirt so I had to take the lid off and tap the top on my wrist. At first I liked the scent, but after a while I found it to be too sweet and it smelled like cotton candy. Kind of a teeny bopper scent, meant for Junior Highers. I’ve only been wearing it for 45 minutes and the scent is completely gone. A 3.4oz bottle is $19.99. A good quality bottle of perfume costs roughly $60, so you know this isn’t top notch quality.
Pros: Only $10 for 3 full size items and 2 sample items?! Hell yeah! Just the 3 full size items would have cost roughly $30. I’m happy with what I received, and the concept of a monthly sample subscription bag is so cool! I love it!
Cons: I really enjoyed my June Glam Bag! Sadly, this is the only Glam Bag I’ll be receiving. I had a horrible experience with loosing this bag in the mail and tracking it down through Customer Service. I literally just got it in the mail today! I cancelled my IPSY membership when they wouldn’t respond to me for weeks and July was fast approaching. O well, does anyone else have any great make up bag subscriptions?