Cost: $15 a month
1. Oribe Surfcomber Mouse 2.5oz – I was the most excited for this product when I saw I would be receiving this in my August Sample box! I’m a HUGE fan or Oribe products. I love the quality, the smell, and how long the products last. When I did a little more research on the product, I was kind of skeptical since I originally thought it was a texturizing spray, turns out it’s a mousse. I don’t usually use mousse in my hair when I’m rockin’ the short hair doo. However, I was extremely impressed with how far one dollop goes, and how much volume, texture, and hold it had. Oribe, you’ve done it again! I would definitely buy the full size of this product in the future. A 5.3oz full size of this product costs $37.
2. Too Faced Melted Liquefied Lipstick Peony – I’ve recently become interested in this girly thing called lipstick and lip gloss. I have tried a couple lipsticks from Smashbox and Marc Jacobs, and the lip gloss I use is NYX. This Liquefied Lipstick is amazing! Although I’m not a huge fan of the bright pink I received, I think it’s genius to have a lipstick that goes on like a lip gloss, but has the matte finish and durability of lipstick. A full size of this product costs $21.
3. Ciate Cha Cha Cha Mini Paint Pot – I haven’t actually tried this nail polish yet, but I think the vibrant color is great for Summer. This would have been a great sample to receive in June or July, but it tends to get a little colder in preparation for Fall in August. Even though I haven’t tried this polish yet, I probably wouldn’t buy it since I rarely do my nails. On the rare occasions I do my nails, I will be faithfully choosing Sally Hansen’s new Miracle Gel polish. Great colors, shine, and lasting durability 🙂 A full size of this product costs $8.
4. Jane Iredale Longest Lash Mascara – You want the honest truth? I really hate ANY mascara samples. I am true to only one mascara, and although it might not be the priciest thing on the shelf, it gives amazing volume and length. I am an avid user of Covergirl. However, this sample great for a compact emergency backup for my purse, gym bag, or travel. A full size of this product costs $33.
5. Kate Somerville Dilo Oil – When I saw I would be receiving an itty bitty sample of this dry oil I was pretty bummed out. I have naturally oily skin anyhow so I didn’t think I would use it, plus it seemed like such a small sample I would hardly have enough uses to see a difference. I decided to try it anyways, and man oh, man! Just one use I saw a huge difference in my skin’s overall tone and softness! A little goes a loooong way too. You use only 2-4 small fingertip dots on your cheek bones, forehead, and chin. I really am in love with it, this product definitely ties for ‘favorite’ with the Oribe Surfcomber Mousse! A 1oz full size product costs $65.
Pros: This was my first box from my Sample Society monthly subscription and I was thoroughly impressed! They could have ditched the nail polish and mascara, but my absolute love for the Oribe Surfcomber Mousse and Kate Somerville Dilo Oil make up for it. I would definitely buy the full size of the Oribe but the Kate Somerville Dilo Oil is a tad bit too steep in price for me. Who knows! Maybe the sample will continue to do wonders for me and I’ll cave in and buy it!
Cons: The mascara was my least favorite product, but I’m VERY picky with my mascara, so don’t base any opinions off my bias!