I don’t really like committing to a New Year Resolution, mostly because they have the reputation for one strong month and *POOF*…. they are long forgotten. I will personally call these my “New Year Goals” and you can call them whatever you like 🙂 I’m keeping them realistic and maintainable.
1) Switch Gyms to Iron Works – This was sort of my unspoken goal last year, but this year I’m gonna make it happen. I’m 110% over L.A Fitness. I’ve been complaining about them for a few years now, since day one of beginning this blog. The New Year means a new gym, a fresh change of scenery has been long overdue.
2) Purchase a T Grip Bar – I know I just got a kettle bell for Christmas, and the starter kit for the T Grip Bar is pretty pricey, but I think it’s an excellent goal to save up for one, even if I don’t buy it until the end of the year. I am hoping to one day completely migrate my workouts to home workouts, eliminating the gym altogether.
3) Journal at least once a month – I have completely neglected my journal. I think one of the reasons is because I have an online blog and it’s so easy to freely write what’s on my mind. Another reason could be that after 2 years, I’m still writing in the same old disgusting corporate Microsoft journal. I need something pretty, something that WON’T remind me of work. I miss freely writing the good, bad, and ugly to clear my mind. I would like to continue what I started at 9 years old, it’s something I used to cherish and promised myself I would never give up.
4) Begin training for a marathon – Even if I don’t do a marathon in 2015, I would love to begin training for one. The idea has become more interesting to me the more I think about it. I really love running, who knows, maybe I’ll take it to the next level! If not, I would sure love to compete in a tri relay. Whatever may lie in the cards, I will be prepared.
5) Never use a microwave again – As you may know, my wonderful hubby bought me a beautiful toaster oven for Christmas and we’ve been baking the shit out of lasagna and chicken, toasting up bagels, English muffins, and quesadillas, with plenty of muffins, cupcakes, and oatmeal bars in our future. The struggle will come when we are in a hurry and simply want to heat up some leftovers. But we are committed!
6) Keep my grades above a B- – I was extremely lucky to earn a 4.0 for Fall 2014 Quarter! I’m hoping to keep up my grades above a B-. I don’t want to risk shooting too high, but I believe I have what it takes to keep my grades at a B+ or higher. I’m loving school so far and can’t wait to take more classes and discover where my passion lies.
7) Fit in 4-5 workouts a week – Fall Quarter I wasn’t as successful as I had hoped. Hopefully switching to Iron Works will increase my visits to the gym. We’ve been blessed with a pretty dry Fall and Winter, so if we can keep that up, I can easily run to and from the gym since it’s only a mile away from my house. Cardio commute! Two birds one stone!
8) Be more consistent with tracking my meals – I’ve been slacking at this lately. I don’t wanna be a food Nazi, but I have been sneakily leaving out certain foods from myfitnesspal such as the chocolate I eat at work, or the few bites of left over dessert from Catering I just HAD to try. NO MORE! Most, if not ALL foods will be logged every day!
9) Read one book per month during my personal time – This might be shooting kind of high, so I will say no longer than 2 months to read one book. I was naughty and didn’t read the Osho book over Winter break like I had planned to. I want to limit my television shows, so I will begin reading. I used to be such a book worm, what stopped?!
10) Post at least one recipe and one workout on my blog per week – I have been really inconsistent with how often I post workouts and recipes. I go through dry spells, but I one recipe and one workout per week should be manageable. I have a new toaster oven and kettle bell after all! Time to get busy.